General Competition Submission Rules and Information for all LAA Shows
ALL submitting artists/photographers are responsible for knowing and following - Please read carefully.
- To be accepted for judging each entry must adhere to all stated entry and mounting/matting requirements.
- Include proper entry fee: (a) LAA members are free unless otherwise specified. (b) Non-LAA members - see fee structure for individual shows.
- Entry fees are non-refundable. Cash, Check, Credit Card or money order for all entries payable to the Lafayette Art Association at the time of entry.
- All submissions must have a completed entry form. Failure to complete the form in its entirety will result in disqualification.
- Previous winning entries will not be accepted to subsequent same-named shows, however, winning entries of one show may be entered in differently named shows.
- The artist’s/photographer's name, title of work, category (if applicable) and contact information must be printed on the back of each entry. (adhesive labels are available at the check-in table)
- All entries must be turned in at the LAA office by due date to be accepted.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE.
- For judged shows, awards will be made in each category providing there are an adequate number of entries.
- The judge can award in each category a First, Second and/or Third Place. The judge may also award one or more Award of Merit (Honorable Mention). An Award of Distinction (Best of Show) may also be awarded. The number of awards given in each category is at the discretion of the judge.
- The judge's and/or Lafayette Art Association decisions are final in all instances.
- The LAA Show Coordinator and Show Commitee reserve the right to refuse any entry.
- The LAA retains a 30% commission on any image/item sold. Please price each item to include this commission.
- The LAA will not be responsible for any return costs, insurance or for entries not removed from the gallery within 10 gallery business days.
- Any size artwork/photo may be entered (however, gallery height may exclude some pieces). 2-D art must be framed and ready to hang in the LAA gallery.
- The LAA uses a hanging system that requires a wire be firmly affixed to the rear of the frame 1/3 the distance from the top of the frame. An entry frame having only a serrated (alligator or toothed) type hanger will be disqualified.
- NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 3. Gallery wrapped (1.5” min depth) canvases are allowed with a wire placed for hanging as in #2. Screw Eyes must be
- placed inside the canvas frame and not protrude from back of frame. All unframed wrapped canvases must be painted on the sides and/or have painted image or photographic image wrap to back.
- 4. For Freeze Frame, mats should be shades of white, gray or black (not applicable to other shows).
- See #3 for wrapped, unframed canvas requirements.
- 5. Table Top Frames are not accepted as the frame will not fit flush to the wall.
- 6. Always check each show’s submission form for requirements that may be specific to that show.